Telemedicine Services at Burlington County Foot & Ankle Associates
Can’t make it to our office? No problem!
We know that, even under the best of circumstances, it isn’t always easy (or possible) to get to the office for an appointment. This is especially true now, during the current COVID-19 pandemic that is impacting all of our lives.
At the same time, it is critical that you find the relief and treatment you need.
Fortunately, we have something to help you with all that:
Whether you’re limited by quarantine, lack of transportation, scheduling conflicts, or just want to protect yourself and the people you love, telemedicine allows you to still receive expert insight and analysis from a foot and ankle specialist.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is when a doctor uses technology (electronic communications, software) to provide clinical services to you (without you needing an in-person visit).
This allows our doctors to perform a visual inspection of your foot or ankle, communicate directly with you, and answer your questions – all while you remain in the comfort of your own home.
Appointment types that work very well for a virtual consult include:
- Visual inspections. Our doctors can visually inspect your foot or ankle over video, providing you a diagnosis and/or recommendations on the next steps.
- X-ray / MRI reviews and results. We can share our screen with you so that you can see your diagnostic results.
- Check-up appointments. Your doctor can examine how a wound is healing or talk with you about how your rehab is going (after a previous treatment).
- Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care and want answers from a real medical professional? Telemedicine is by far the easiest way to do it.
Our telemedicine appointments are ideal for those who have to stay home, working parents, and individuals who don’t have transportation to get to our office.
How does it work?
We are using a fast, simple service called Doxy.me to facilitate our telemedicine services. The great thing about this approach is that it does not require you to download any special software or sign up for any new accounts or passwords. It plays straight in your browser!
Here is how it works:
- Request a telemedicine appointment from our website.
- When it’s time for your appointment, click “Enter waiting room” on our homepage under your doctor’s name.
- You should see a window with a place to enter your name. Do it and click “Check in.”
- If at any point your device asks you for permission to use your camera or microphone, or to turn them on, be sure you say yes!
What do you need for your appointment?
Before scheduling your telemedicine appointment, please ensure that you have or will have:
- A device capable of making and receiving video calls, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer with a webcam / microphone
- A supported Internet browser on that device—either Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. (Almost all devices come preinstalled with at least one of these.)
- A stable, reliable internet connection
- A private, quiet, and well-lit location to take the call
We also encourage you to have a trusted family member or friend present with you (who can provide assistance or help you take notes as needed).
How can you request your telemedicine appointment?
If you’re ready to request your telemedicine appointment, please complete the form on this page.
A member of our office will follow up with you during our regular office hours to schedule your appointment, make sure you have everything you need, and answer any questions you may have.
If you’d prefer, you can also reach out to us directly by phone at (609) 714-0052.
We look forward to serving you—wherever you happen to be!
520 Stokes Road,
Medford, NJ 08055
© Burlington County Foot & Ankle, Assoc., Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by CP Solutions.
Marketed by VMD Services.