Swift Treatment for Plantar Warts
Advantages of Swift Microwave Treatment for Warts
To recap, there are several major advantages of choosing Swift Microwave Therapy over traditional wart removal therapies, including:
- Higher success rate
- Much less painful
- No damage to healthy skin
- No aftercare required
- Helps eradicate the underlying viral infection, rather than just removing the wart itself
- Lower risk of warts recurring
If you’ve been frustrated or disappointed by wart treatments in the past, we strongly encourage you to consider Swift. It’s an especially good choice for kids and for people with diabetes, but it’s quickly become our go-to treatment for most all of our patients.
Can I Treat Warts at Home?
We do not recommend any home treatments for warts, including “home remedies” you find online as well as wart removal kids you can find at the pharmacy. Research consistently shows that these treatments have little to no effect on warts.
If you’ve found that a home remedy worked for you in the past, very likely it was a coincidence. Many warts do eventually go away on their own, although this process can take months or years in some cases.
Wart Prevention Tips
Once your warts have been treated successfully, it’s important to understand where warts come from so you can take appropriate steps to keep them from coming back.
- Protect your feet with shower shoes when walking through damp, warm, public areas, such as around pools and in locker rooms. These are the types of conditions where the virus can thrive and be more easily transmitted.
- Keep your feet clean and dry daily. If your socks get soaked with sweat halfway through the day, bring a clean pair you can change into later on.
- Don’t pick at warts if you have them. Not only can this cause you more pain than you need, but it can help the virus transmit from your feet to other parts of your body. Whenever you do have to touch your warts for one reason or another, wash your hands as soon as you can afterward.
If you would like help with warts—either on your feet or a loved one’s—Burlington County Foot & Ankle Associates is here “to Keep You Walking”. Give us a call at (609) 714-0052 or fill out our online contact form.